Terms and Conditions
Cancellation by you
Cancellations must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Received on or before Friday 29 March 2024: 50% refund
Received on or after Saturday 30 March 2024: no refund
Delegate substitutions can be made at any time at no additional charge by contacting email@example.com.
No refunds will be made for delegates not attending conference or for missed bookings for any reason including delayed or cancelled transport to and from the event.
Cancellation by us
It is possible that we may have to cancel or make changes to the Historical Association Conference 2024. Changes will usually be minor and will not have any material effect on your conference experience. Minor changes could include for example the alteration of the advertised programme (including speakers) and timings of the event.
Where a change or cancellation must be made because of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances such as force majeure which are beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care, we will refund in full all registration fees, but hereby disclaim any further liability. Without limitation we will not be responsible for the cost of have any train fare or other arrangements made in connection with attending the conference.
Code of Conduct
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and actively encourage diversity and promote inclusion and accessibility at our events. We value the participation of each individual and want all participants to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience.
The HA Annual Conference is intended to be a safe space, designed to encourage the sharing of professional knowledge and ideas. We take our attendees’ safety seriously and support delegates of all backgrounds, needs and interests to feel safe and get fully involved in Conference.
- We expect everyone who attends Conference to behave professionally and to treat others equally and respectfully. These recommendations on behaviour extend equally to all attendees: delegates, presenters, visitors and staff.
- We will not tolerate harassment, abusive or racist language, bullying or aggressive behaviour.
- We encourage you to be an active bystander and supportive of others where you have concerns. If you are unsure, this short piece from the University of Cambridge has helpful advice: https://www.breakingthesilence.cam.ac.uk/prevention-support/be-active-bystander
- If you have any concerns about behaviour or experience disrespectful or discriminatory speech or actions, please talk confidentially to a member of the HA staff or the Conference Team at the registration desk, who will deal with the situation with discretion.
- While you may not agree with everything that you hear, we ask you to listen to others’ views and to engage constructively with them.
- While we encourage delegates to use their social media platforms to talk about Conference, we expect the same professional behaviours of respect and equality in the online space as we do in the physical space.
All communication and behaviour should therefore be appropriate for a professional audience, including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual or discriminatory language and imagery will not be tolerated. Delegates violating these rules may be asked to leave the Conference without a refund at the sole discretion of the Conference organisers.
Payment Please note: Full payment for your booking must be received prior to the event.
Payment must be made in GBP Sterling. Payments can be accepted by credit/debit card (Visa and Mastercard only) and by invoice with a strict 14-day payment term.
Please note if payment is not made by credit or debit card at the time of booking, this required either within 14 days of the date of registration or before Thursday 2 May 2024, whichever is sooner (the due date will appear on your registration confirmation). Any booking made after this date will have to be paid for at the time of registration with a valid credit/debit card.
The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to any delegate who has not paid in full by the due date. Any unpaid invoices by this date will revert to the standard full payment charge (regardless of initial registration date) and will be payable within 14 days.
The registration form constitutes a legally binding contract and by confirming you are legally obliged to make payment for all fees as applicable by your registration.